Desktop computers are the best choice for the many gaming freaks, but few of us are still looking for something more portable. And, that’s where gaming laptops come in. These laptops are available in different sizes and budgets. But, when you are purchasing a laptop, you don’t have to look at the specs and the whole computer. It includes everything like a built-in keyboard and display.
Choosing a gaming laptop is quite challenging, especially if you are buying it for the first time. They are much more than typical mainstream notebooks. So, before you purchase one, read this guide to make the best purchasing decision. Here are some mindful tips for choosing a good gaming laptop that takes your gaming potential to the next level.
1- Look For High-Resolution Display
As the resolution, display size and refresh rate impact your gaming skills, you should look for a high-quality display. Whenever you buy a gaming laptop, pick the one having both high resolution and a high refresh rate. To choose the correct display, you should consider these factors.
- Higher-resolution – The higher resolution your gaming laptop has, the clearer image it forms due to more pixel appearance. It’s good to prefer a 1080p standard or the latest 1400p resolution screen.
- High Refresh Rate – The greater refresh rate is very effective in making easy-to-follow and smooth on-screen actions. Many gaming laptops come with refresh rates of 120Hz, 144Hz, and more to redraw clear images many times per second.
- LED and OLED – Liquid Crystal Display and Organic Light-Emitting Diodes enhance the functionality of a gaming laptop. Because laptops having OLED can produce their light rather than relying on the backlight.
- Screen Size – To have a good gaming experience, you should choose a laptop with 13, 15, and 17 inches display sizes.
Besides these factors, you can connect your laptop display with an external monitor. This additional connection will boost screen resolution up to 4K along with a 240 Hz refresh rate.
2- Choose Laptop Having Gaming Compatible CPU And Graphics Card
To take more advantage of your gaming laptop, make sure you have a graphics card and CPU in it. The Central Processing Unit, being a laptop brain, sends signals and processes information. It has a greater impact on the response time and battery life of gaming laptops. The following are worthy features to be present in a fast CPU.
- Multiple Core Count – A CPU having multiple core counts functions like many individual units working for multiple tasks. By using Intel Hyper-Threading Technology CPU, you can enjoy the potential performance.
- Higher Clock Speed – High Clock Speed demonstrates more cycles executed by the CPU in a second. The higher the clock speed a gaming laptop has, the faster it is.
Furthermore, a GPU, which is a Graphics Processing Unit, is efficient in creating more image pixels for high-resolution gameplay. To have smooth gaming, GPU is also essential along with CPU. Here are some GPU features that make a laptop perfect for gaming.
- Ray Tracing Technology – This technology is very effective in enjoying hardware-intensive techniques. Such ray tracing technological techniques increase the overall performance of a laptop.
- High Frame Rate And Resolution – Along with proper resolution, a high frame rate is effective for inconsistent hitting of images one after the other.
3- Check Memory and Storage Specs in a Gaming Laptop
A good gaming laptop comes with both high storage and memory. By using both SSDs and HDDs, your laptop can store data quickly on the drive. Both these solid-state drives and hard-mechanical drives reduce programming load fastly by cutting down startup time. SSD storage is more costly per gigabyte as compared to HDD. These external hard drives provide additional storage in a gaming laptop.
In storage, data remains stored permanently, while memory is a place of temporary data storage. Whenever your laptop loses power, this temporary memory needs to be reset. Which RAM is perfect for you depends upon the best intensity of the game you want to play. However, an 8GB or higher RAM is suitable for intense games.
For gaming, you should have additional RAM to run the process spontaneously. Moreover, it allows you to switch to other programs running in the background more quickly. These are the features you should keep in mind while looking for the storage and memory of a gaming laptop.
- Upgradeability – Gaming laptops are often designed to bring more internal SO-DIMM assessments. If your laptop RAM is smaller, upgrade it by adding DIMM slots on your motherboard.
- Speed – RAM having greater speed increases memory accessibility, and you will receive CPU requests. The speed of a good gaming laptop is measured in MHz.
4- Go For A Sleek Design Portable Laptop
Another thing that you should keep in mind is to choose a lightweight, portable laptop. Such gaming laptops usually come with more powerful hardware. However, gaming laptops are available in various sizes and shapes. Preferring the advanced thermal design of the laptop will make it a high-performance gaming tool. Considering portability, price, and tradeoff power are extras that must be present in every gaming laptop. The presence of the following features will make your laptop more smart-looking and potential.
- Lightweight – Gamers are often enthusiastic about playing anywhere, especially while traveling. Having a lightweight laptop will facilitate you to carry it with you without any trouble.
- Bezels – Laptop screens with thin bezels look smarter. It reduces the border size, preserving more space for display areas.
- High-quality Case – No other laptop can compete with the durability and sleek design of the aluminum case laptop. It depicts that you should prioritize your laptop quality by choosing one that has an aluminum case.
- Wireless Connectivity – Many laptops work by incorporating wireless cards to make it easy to connect with different routers and hotspots. The fastest wireless internet connection consists of WiFi6 enabled components. With such a gaming laptop, you will connect your headset and controllers to the laptop via Bluetooth.
5- Make Sure Presence of Cooling System Functionality in Laptop
A good gaming laptop always comes with a meticulously engineered cooling system. Old stereotypes of laptops are often thick and get hot after using some time, while advanced ones come with a cold. Even if you use it for hours consecutively, your laptop will not get hot. Having an internal cooling laptop system comprises cooling pipes, vents, heatsinks, and fans. To keep a laptop functional, cooling system implementation is essential.
In short, you should look for a laptop by comparing the laptop’s specs with gaming specs. Enjoy gaming experience at an extraordinary level by using high-quality wireless, portable, and durable gaming laptops.